Hey, y’all! I know many of us get frequent writers’ block. Here’s some stuff to combat that. I use it often when I have no idea what to write.
- Listen to some inspirational music.
- Watch a good movie.
- Draw something. (Even if you’re a terrible artist like I am, you could still get ideas from a sketch. If you haven’t anything to draw, look at drawings online. They’re amazing. I also use this site called alphacoders.com, which has incredible art.)
- Read a good book.
- In reference to one of my blog posts from another site, look at your surroundings for something random and write about it.
- Find some good story starters. I have a page full of them, and you could always look them up.
- Do some crafts, like origami or something. It gives great inspiration.
- Think of your favorite things, or even your least favorite things, and write about it.
- Ask someone to give you a list of 5 things to write about. For example, if someone were to say a tree, a shoe, a chair, a hippopotamus, and a bowl of toothpaste, you’d write a story containing all of those items.
- If none of it works, ask people for good ideas.
And there you have it! Ten tips for battling writers’ block. If you have more, please feel free to comment. Enjoy your day! 😀
“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” ~William Edward Hickson